marriage and what you might find

So a while ago I was at what you call a "family gathering" of some sorts and I overheard a cousin who is about 10-14 (I'm guesstimating) yrs younger than I am and how she isn't married yet and how much she would love to get married and that she's almost an old maid (now considering I'm 34 and just got married a little less than 2 yrs ago)  I almost turned around and tore her a new one because of me being single for so long and just getting married, not to mention that we have 3 other cousins on the same side of the family who are older than me that are not married! Just baffles my mind that at her age be complaining about not getting married yet.

Makes me think of Sherrie Dew I heard one of her talks at a women's conference (I went to before getting married) how in her life she's had many suitors and never really worked out (not because of her being picky) but how she was at one point even engaged. she also mentioned how hard it was for her to go through life and getting a little older and not have a companion but she still goes on and try's to live a fulfilling life that our heavenly father wants her to live. she even mentioned about how some people asked if they could use her apt. as a "neutral ground" so they wouldn't get tempted to do wrong because they were able to feel of the spirit in her home and to have a "neutral person" to chaperon them. She said for her it was very hard to see others date and using her apt. and eventually get married and she was still single. but to stay strong and focus on other aspects of her life and not that she wasn't married yet.

Ian and I have talked about this very topic and how we are both in our 30's and still single and got married in our 30's but before we even meet we both felt that we needed to accept that we were going to live out our life's single and that we both just gave up, it's so funny  how we never understood that saying "just when you give up and accept that your possibly going to be alone you find somebody".

Another thing is that I have a brother who is still single and I can understand to a point how he feels that his younger sibling gets married before he does and that he's the last one in the family to get married and he is left behind. I know what it's like to have younger siblings to get married before me I had 3 of them and have both parents get remarried before I ever got married. I have put myself through the ringer many times and had allot of personal issues and demons to deal with before ever finding Ian. I'm still having to deal with the "aftermath" of my demons and personal issues, I have been able to have my spouse help me defuse them which has been a great help and comfort to know that I have somebody by my side to help me with all that. my brother will find his spouse when the time is right for him. I feel the same with my cousin the time will be right when they are ready, it may be next year or in 5 who knows.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I VOW I WILL EVER HAVE THEM IN THIS LIFE OR THE NEXT !!!!!!!

Depression is not as easy as you think

I love my boyfriend!