Jerry Sinfeld

so I was at home the other day listening to a conference report (I can't remember who the speaker was, sorry but I know it was a woman) from what I remember she was talking about dating, keeping your standards high, remembering that you a child of God, and respecting your date. but the thing that ran though my head was Jerry Seinfeld. If you have ever seen Seinfeld you know that he is VERY picky when he is dating a girl. he tends to pick out stupid little things that are no big deal. I think he can talk to the other person about compromise because I bet there are things that "bother" them too. I feel like that allot of guys here in Utah are like Jerry. "oh her hair isn't the right color of brown, she laughs to high, she doesn't dress quite the way I like, I don't like the way she eats, she's to wild(out of control)/boring(no personality) for me, she's to fat/skinny for my taste, she's to tall/short, her schedule doesn't co-inside with mine exactly perfect, she's not like my mom, she sits in a funny way that I don't like, she's to depressing, happy, too realistic,in her own world, high maintenance, to smart (as of being successful in getting an education), has a "smarty pants" attitude all the time, she's to slutty, she's not like the "barbie" doll, she's not perfect like she should be, etc....she's human!! I was thinking that there is a fine line between having high standards and being picky. I feel like allot of guys in Utah are picky like Jerry Seinfeld. Grow up and learn to accept people for who they are and make compromises with the other person. If your willing to be in a relationship you need to expect that you would have to make some compromises, I bet it's for the better. for me I know that there are things that I don't notice that could possibly bother others but I wouldn't/don't know what bothers others unless somebody told/tells me so I can improve on that. (I hope that makes sense). I don't know if any of this is true but that's what I feel like with the guys in Utah. That I have to be a "celestial, perfect being" in order to have a guy to even look at me. I'm sorry that I'm human, that I have a personality, that I have some "extra" weight, that I have a sense of hummer, wanting to have an education so I don't have to live off of min. wages and barley pay for gas every month, want to work with the mentally challenged, have cats to love on, having made mistakes in the past and learning from them, TO EVEN LIVE. I just had to vent, I feel better. but am I the only girl that thinks this way?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I VOW I WILL EVER HAVE THEM IN THIS LIFE OR THE NEXT !!!!!!!

Depression is not as easy as you think

I love my boyfriend!